As Project Manager, the applicant coordinates and completes projects. Oversees all aspects of projects. Sets deadlines, assigns responsibilities, and monitors and summarizes the progress of the project. Prepares reports for upper management regarding the status of the project. Familiar with a variety of the field's concepts, practices, and procedures. Relies on extensive experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals. Performs a variety of tasks. Leads and directs the work of others. A wide degree of creativity and latitude is expected.
Work is performed under the consultative direction and reviewed for compliance with overall project objectives. Assignments are often self-initiated determining and pursuing courses of action necessary to obtain desired results. Responsible for making decisions and recommendations impacting the company’s ability to achieve goals critical to its objectives and possibly affecting its business reputation.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
1. Key contact and interface with the government project Technical Representative.
2. Responsible for the technical phase of project execution.
3. Provides technical and management guidance to ensure all technical, schedule, and cost objectives are achieved successfully.
4. Responsible to guide and manage technical project staff.
5. Responsible for project startup and staffing, implementation planning, technical quality, budgetary management, managing the project to schedule, reducing overall risk, and ensuring compliance with Customer requirements and program commitments.
6. Provides management for medium-to-large projects, involving a mixture of standard and nonstandard hardware and software items, multiple sites (some with dissimilar configurations), and special applications for implementation.
7. Reports project status to the Program Manager.
8. Performs additional duties and responsibilities as directed.
1. Communication Proficiency
2. Decision Making
4. Time Management
6. Multi-Tasking Skills
7. Detail Oriented
10. Technical Capacity
12. Documenting and Recording Information
13. Evaluation of Information
This position provides supervision and leadership to lower-level staff.
The essential functions of this job would be to be performed in a dry industrial environment where temperature ranges run from near freezing to temperatures in excess of 100°. The noise level in the work environment is normally in the 65db range, however, occasionally noise levels may exceed 80db where additional hearing protection is required. May be required to climb to heights in excess of 200 feet. It may require a person to be able and willing to work 7 days a week in excess of 8 hours a day for weeks on end, be able willing to travel out of town and/or overseas for extended periods (sometimes can be in excess of up to 4 to 6 weeks at a time. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
Position Type and Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position. Hours of work are usually Monday through Friday, 7:00 AM – 3:30 PM. Hours may be discussed with the supervisor.
This position requires travel more than 25% of the time.
Required Education and Experience
1. Bachelor's degree in Business, Engineering, or related discipline and two (2) years of related project management experience OR Associate’s Degree in Business, Engineering, or related discipline and four (4) years of related project management experience OR High School diploma and six (6) years of related project management and (4) years of marine electrician experience.
2. Knowledge of the various phases of a project life cycle including concept development, requirements determination, requirements analysis, demonstration/validation testing, system development, system implementation, and operational support.
3. Experience with developing products associated with the various phases of a project life cycle including strategic plans, cost-benefit analyses, system specifications, test plans, implementation plans, and lifecycle support plans.
4. Basic knowledge of cost and schedule planning, execution, and reporting.
5. Ability to interpret and apply government and industry specifications, codes, guidelines, and regulations to the unique requirements of the contract or task order.
6. Possesses good oral and written communication skills.
7. Experience in technical, engineering, and/or management discipline.
8. Must have technical knowledge of multiple systems and possess good problem identification and resolution skills.
9. Ability to manage individuals and is capable of communicating both in writing and verbally.
10. Experience in managing the design, development, implementation, and/or life cycle support of systems.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
1. Must be willing to travel.
Work Authorization/Security Clearance (if applicable)
1. Must have a good driving record.
2. Must have or be able to obtain a secret security clearance.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.