Dante Valve is a family-owned company that manufactures valves for military and industrial applications. We have been in business for over 60 years and our work is driven by developing valued relationships and exceeding our customer’s expectations. We offer a competitive salary and opportunity for growth along with excellent benefits including 401(k), profit sharing plan, medical dental, vision, disability, life, paid holidays, vacation and sick leave. Our employees are our most treasured asset and in addition to offering a generous compensation and benefit package, we work hard to build a culture of caring, respect and appreciation for all that they do.
• We are Focused – on attentions to detail and on every process step – every time.
• We are Committed – to our team, to our customers and to our mission.
• We exemplify Integrity – by doing the right thing, for the right reasons, even when no one is looking.
• We are Grateful – for each other’s contributions and loyalty to our team as well as the opportunities afforded to us by our customers.
The Outside Sales Associate will serve as an ambassador to the organization and will be responsible for establishing and maintaining good relationships with potential and existing customers via in-person and various social interactions. The purpose of this role will be to develop sales strategies, generate new sales leads and attract new clients to our line of products.
ESSENTIAL RESPONSIBILITIES & DUTIES
• Build and maintain a strong network of sources from which to identify new sales leads.
• Communicate with customers and leads to identify and understand their product or service needs; identify and suggest products and services to meet those needs.
• Demonstrate the functions and utility of products or services to customers based on their needs.
• Pursue revenue opportunities and growth with shipyard customers, prime contractors and Original Equipment Manufacturers (OEM) within the naval and commercial marine/maritime space.
• Ensure customer satisfaction through ongoing communication and relationship management; resolve any issues that may arise post-sale.
• Be responsible for all sales of Kunkle products in the commercial space.
• Maintain communication and interactions with existing and previous customers, alerting them of new products, services, and enhancements that may be of interest.
• Maintain detailed reports of sales activities including calls, orders, sales, lost business and any customer or vendor relationship problems.
• Provide periodic sales forecasts for working territory or region.
• Generate and share sales trends data and other reports on product performance results.
• Assist with other duties and responsibilities as necessary.
• Education: Minimum high school diploma. Bachelor’s degree in business or related field a plus.
• Work History: Minimum 5 years of experience working in sales. Proven results a must. Valve or industry experience a plus.
• Strong mechanical knowledge ideal.
• Must possess keen attention to detail.
• Frequent travel will be required.
• Advanced computer skills in MS Excel, Word, and Outlook.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Must be able to communicate effectively and professionally with both internal and external customers and across all levels of organization.
• Possess strong time management skills including deadline prioritization of multiple projects with real-time timeliness for assignments.
• Motivated and energetic person.
• Ability to work with varying seniority levels, including staff, managers and external partners.
• Able to handle confidential, controlled and sensitive information.
• Must be able to pass a thorough background check including a drug screen.
• Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Vet/Disabled/VEVRAA Federal Contractor.
• Must be a U.S. citizen due to contract requirements.
• E-Verify Employer.
Job Type: Full Time
Please refer to the Hiring Company website for additional information on this category.