Provides Safety support to the GDIT SACSS team working onboard Navy vessels in shipyards performing upgrades and installation work. Performs safety inspections and daily tool box training on safety and QC items. Inspects workspaces to ensure OSHA and Navea standards are met.
Extremely valuable experience: OSHA 5410, OSHA 3095, OSHA 3115, OSHA 521
Monitors and evaluates the workplace to ensure compliance with all relevant safety and environmental regulations.
1. Monitors the workplace to ensure compliance with OSHA and other relevant safety and environmental regulations.
2. Assists in the development of safety policies and procedures and administers employee safety training.
3. Maintains all files and records including material safety data sheets and other paperwork ensuring compliance.
4. May interface with regulatory agencies.
5. Maintains appropriate safety and environmental documentation.
6. Participates in special projects as required.
AA/AS or equivalent experience
3+ years of related administrative experience, preferably in the occupational health and safety field.
Shipyard Competent Person; OSHA Training Institute (OTI) courses or NAVSEA approved equivalents: 5410; Occupational Safety and Health Standards for Maritime Industry, 3095; Electrical Standards, 3115; Fall Protection, 521; OSHA Guide to Industrial Hygiene.
Will require 10% or less travel.