Quality Coatings of Virginia inc. is looking for a qualified paint supervisor with supervisory and spray/touch up paint experience to join our team. C-12 or C-14 certification is preferred. This position requires a solid understanding of paint Coating systems and application processes.
Skills and Education
• Manage, Supervise, and direct the day-to-day efforts of the spray and touch up painters.
• 85-90% of the time will be spent aboard ship.
• Ensure that all work done on the vessel and In-house is completed on time, on budget, and to the contract quality standards.
• Inform staff of expectations and provide clear and consistent direction.
• Provide training to new employees concerning equipment and procedures.
• Maintain the right mix of skilled and semi-skilled employees working to the keep the dollar cost as low as possible.
• Provide ample notice of manpower needs and changes to management.
• Manpower scheduling and maintenance, to include controlling overtime hours.
• Hold each employee accountable for the established goals and check their progress to those goals on a frequent basis.
• Keep track of and minimize material costs, mainly job materials.
• Evaluate the necessity and progress of permanent and temporary employees.
This Position Requires the Ability to:
• Communicate effectively and in a positive manner with co-workers, customers, quality and safety personnel.
• Complete Daily Quality, Production and Safety Documents.
• Pass physical and drug screen.
• Pass a Criminal background to access Military Bases.
• Maintain a valid driver’s license and reliable transportation.
• Work at heights greater than 15 ft elevation.
Minimum Previous Experience:
• High School diploma
• Must be Eligible for DBids
• Minimum of seven (7) years shipboard experience with the marine paint and preservation trade.
• Previous supervisory responsibilities required.
• Knowledge of and ability to use hand tools and instruments with the trade.
• JLG experience preferred.
Minimum additional Certifications/ Training:
• C-12 or C-14 Certified
• NBPI or NACE certification desired.