Basic Duties and Responsibilities:
• Operate 3K-5K PSI pressure washers.
• Prepare all types of surfaces for preservation.
• Proper mixing of various coatings to the manufacturer’s recommendations.
• Brushing, Rolling, and/or Spraying of various coatings.
• Operate airless and/or plural airless spray equipment.
• Complete tasks with little or no supervision.
• Follow and act on instructions/tasks given.
• Work independently to accomplish tasks.
• Work with others, as a team, to accomplish tasks.
• Control costs in their assigned area of responsibility.
• Work in various environments, including but not limited to confined spaces,
elevated staging, & manlifts.
Experience & Skill:
• Knowledge of the various SSPC surface preparation standards.
• Knowledge of OSHA Shipyard industry standards.
• Advanced knowledge of the mixing and application of various coatings.
• Advanced knowledge of the set-up, operation, & troubleshooting of the various
preservation tools and equipment.
• Advanced safety knowledge to include proper PPE selection, the safe handling,
use, disposal, and storage of coatings, confined space entry, Lock-out/Tag-out
• Advanced knowledge of NAVSEA, USCG, & Dept. of the Army preservation
• Knowledge of various inspection/checkpoint requirements.
• Knowledge of manufacturer’s product data sheets and SDS.
• Knowledge of DEQ & EPA requirements.
• Knowledge of work specifications.
• A minimum of 5 years’ experience in the marine preservation industry.
• Possess a valid C12 or C14 certification.
• Reliable transportation and attendance.
• Local travel as needed.
Job Site Location: Newport News