Tech Subject Matter Expert - Electrician - 16424
Location: Newport News, VA, Virginia, United States
Company: HII's Mission Technologies division
Requisition Number: 16424
Required Travel: 0 - 10%
Employment Type: Full Time/Hourly/Non-Exempt
Hours Per Week: 40.00
Security Clearance: Ability to Obtain
Level of Experience: Senior
Join HII Peninsula Operation, Mission Technologies, RCOH Newport News, VA as we keep the most powerful Navy the world has known afloat and ready to serve. Mission Technologies Division, RCOH trades teams provide expert solutions on shipboard alterations and installations for fleet modernization. The selected Tech Subject Matter Expert (SME) candidate will support Mission Technolgies, RCOH group, working closely with our skilled trades teams on Aircraft Carriers performing a number of related duties on shipboard equipment. Selected candidate will be required to have experience and knowledge of PLCs, Conveyors, conduct electrical repairs, maintenance and testing on non-nuclear equipment.
Essential Job Responsibilities
- Display levels of quality, integrity, safety, respect, engagement and performance consistent with company values.
- Manage, oversee, schedule and assign tasks to one or more multiple jobs to meet standards on various contracts.
- Install, upgrade and remove, maintain, repair and modify equipment ensuring coordinative engineering field change..
- Analyze and evaluate systems, processes, products and related performance.
- Troubleshoot and diagnose malfunctions to eliminate problems in minimum time.
- Maintain effective customer communications and relations.
- Schedule, report and brief customers and senior management.
- High School education, or Trade School or equivalent, and 6 years of related Electrical (HM&E) installation experience.
- Must be able to interface and communicate effectively with employees, customers, and management.
- Must have experience with marine electrical, high and low voltage installation experience.
- Must have experience in Maintenance, Repair and Operation of Vertical Package Conveyors on Aircraft Carriers to include PLC knowledge.
- Must have working knowledge and experience with troubleshooting, maintenance and repairs of various systems and associated equipment on marine vessels.
- Must be proficient in reading technical documents, manuals, blueprints, drawings and schematics.
- Must provide own hand tools as designated per trades specialty.
- Must be a U.S. citizen.
- Candidates who have graduated from and/or completed a vocational school, apprenticeship program or a skilled trades certificate program are preferred.
- Candidates who have experience with Microsoft Office Suite (Outlook, Excel, Word, Project, etc.) in addition to Microsoft Windows, pdf software and general computer usage.
- Candidate with a current or active DoD clearance preferred.
- OSHA 10 Maritime Certification a plus.
Must be able to lift, carry and transport heavy equipment and boxes. The exact weight requirements will be determined by the specific job, but no less than 30 lbs. Able to work on and climb ladders, work in extreme temperature environments, aboard ships, in shipyards, under industrial conditions and in confined spaces. Able to perform other duties as required which may involve high heat, humidity, noise and dirty conditions, working aloft or over the sides of vessels. May ride ships at sea for extended periods. May require wearing a respirator. Travel may be required within and outside of the continental United States.
This opportunity resides with Fleet Sustainment, a business group within HII’s Mission Technologies division. For 40 years, the U.S. Navy has entrusted HII to maintain and modernize the vast majority of its fleet. From small watercraft to submarines, combatants and aircraft carriers, our systems and maintenance experts help the Navy maintain a high state of readiness. And, we deploy with the most advanced technology and capability available.
HII is a global engineering and defense technologies provider. With a 135-year history of trusted partnerships in advancing U.S. national security, HII delivers critical capabilities ranging from the most powerful and survivable naval ships ever built, to unmanned systems, ISR and AI/ML analytics. HII leads the industry in mission-driven solutions that support and enable a networked, all-domain force. Headquartered in Virginia, HII’s skilled workforce is 44,000 strong. For more information, please visit: hii.com.
HII is committed to cultivating an inclusive company culture to promote collaboration and enhance creativity by hiring a diverse work force. HII is an Equal Opportunity/Vets and Disabled Employer. U.S. Citizenship may be required for certain positions.