MasterTradesperson 4 - Electrician - 16426
Location: Newport News, VA, Virginia, United States
Company: HII's Mission Technologies division
Requisition Number: 16426
Required Travel: 0 - 10%
Employment Type: Full Time/Hourly/Non-Exempt
Hours Per Week: 40
Security Clearance: Ability to Obtain
Level of Experience: Senior
Who We Are
Join the HII Mission Technologies – Our Refueling and Complex Overhaul (RCOH) works on the only shipyard to execute the RCOH of aircraft carriers halfway through a nuclear-powered aircraft carrier’s 50-year service. The mid-life RCOH includes refueling of nuclear reactors, overhauling most machinery, and modernizing warfare systems. RCOH ensures the Navy's aircraft carriers incorporate improved capabilities needed for success in the remaining 25 years of service.
What You Will Be Doing
Master understanding of production and processes. Responsible for interfacing with customers, managing subcontractors and ability to provide work direction to others. May provide direction and lead others. May manage one or more multiple jobs. Completes comprehension of specialty trades functions and tools. Performs a variety of complicated and non-routine tasks. Develops and uses technical documents including controlled work packages, formal work processes and procedures, test documents, reports and task or trip reports. Schedules, reports and briefs customers and senior management. May perform quality inspections on finished product. Performs duties outside of specialty in order to complete installation or work assignment.
What You Must Have
- High School education, or Trade School or equivalent, and 6 years of related experience.
- Must have working knowledge and experience with troubleshooting, maintenance and repairs of electrical systems and its associated equipment (Motors, Motor Controllers etc)
- Must be proficient in reading electrical drawings and schematics.
- Must be able to follow/enforce safety procedures to ensure a safe and secure work environment.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a DoD confidential security clearance and maintain clearance level throughout employment.
- Must be able to obtain base access credentials within 60 days of start date and maintain credentials throughout employment.
- Must be able to provide hand tools per trades designation.
- Must be a U.S. citizen.
- Experience working in Vertical Package Conveyor Operations.
- Experience working with PLC Controllers.
- Able to read and understand the use of precision measuring tools.
- Able to interpret schematics, blueprints and drawings.
- Able to identify system and component location based on ships structure.
- Be proficient in the use of meters and test equipment.
prefer technical/professional certifications.
Must be able to lift, carry and transport heavy equipment and boxes. The exact weight requirements will be determined by the specific job, but no less than 30 lbs. Able to work on and climb ladders, work in extreme temperature environments, aboard ships, in shipyards, under industrial conditions and in confined spaces. Able to perform other duties as required which may involve high heat, humidity, noise and dirty conditions, working aloft or over the sides of vessels. May ride ships at sea for extended periods. May require wearing a respirator. Travel may be required within and outside of the continental United States.
This opportunity resides with Fleet Sustainment, a business group within HII’s Mission Technologies division. For 40 years, the U.S. Navy has entrusted HII to maintain and modernize the vast majority of its fleet. From small watercraft to submarines, combatants and aircraft carriers, our systems and maintenance experts help the Navy maintain a high state of readiness. And, we deploy with the most advanced technology and capability available.
HII is a global engineering and defense technologies provider. With a 135-year history of trusted partnerships in advancing U.S. national security, HII delivers critical capabilities ranging from the most powerful and survivable naval ships ever built, to unmanned systems, ISR and AI/ML analytics. HII leads the industry in mission-driven solutions that support and enable a networked, all-domain force. Headquartered in Virginia, HII’s skilled workforce is 44,000 strong. For more information, please visit: hii.com.
HII Is committed to cultivating an inclusive company culture to promote collaboration and enhance creativity by hiring a diverse work force. HII is an Equal Opportunity/Vets and Disabled Employer. U.S. Citizenship may be required for certain positions.