This position is generally responsible for managing all aspects of proposal development and assembly, including preparation, revision, review and submission. Collaborates with proposals team and other departments to create compelling proposal responses.
1. Manages proposal development and assembly. Collaborates with Operations and Planning departments for incorporating required inputs, including project schedules. Establishes proposal structure, and ensures compliance with proposal requirements and instructions.
2. Reviews/analyzes proposal sections for consistency and clarity, compliance with solicitation requirements, and alignment with proposed solutions and themes and writes/re-writes proposal sections as necessary to deliver high-quality, winning proposal products.
3. Collaborates with operational leadership to obtain adequate inputs for accomplishing a high-quality proposal submission in a timely manner.
4. Manages and directs all proposal efforts to include preparation, revision, review and submission; establishes and enforces the proposal schedule. Clarifies, communicates, and enforces roles and responsibilities of the proposal team members.
5. Collaborates with subject matter experts, and other writers to refine proposal sections to ensure accuracy, compliance, consistency, and reflection of win strategies.
6. Assists in the development and refinement of templates and standardized processes to streamline proposal development.
7. Provides regular updates regarding proposal progress. Identifies proposal risks and assists in developing mitigation plans.
8. Leads, facilitates, and drives the discussion during proposal strategy sessions helping to document customer requirements, winning themes, and features and benefits required for a compelling proposal response.
9. Remains current on all solicitation modifications and communicates them to the team.
10. Ensures proposal compliance, checking submission for compliance regularly throughout the proposal cycle.
11. Provides technical service support for participating in various technical discussions.
12. Performs other duties as assigned.
1. Bachelors’ degree in business administration, related field, or equivalent experience.
2. 10 or more years related experience in field; or equivalent combination of education and experience
3. Possess superior knowledge of MSC Vessels and US Navy Combatant and Non-Combatant Vessels and Crafts.
4. Must possess a courteous, and professional demeanor.
5. Must be detail oriented, with excellent verbal and written communication skills.
6. Possess superior knowledge of the arrangement of US Navy vessels, system identification, marine equipment, and to a lesser extent, the operation of marine systems.
7. Possess superior knowledge of and know how to read and interpret specifications. Be able to read and interpret references to include, blueprints, Liaison Action Requests, Technical Manuals, military and commercial material specifications and standards of construction.
8. Must be able to use Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, Internet Explorer, or other internet search software.
9. Ability to gain access to military installations.
10. Must pass a drug test and background check.
Ability to sit and/or stand for long periods of time.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to sit, stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls; type and use related devices; reach with hands and arms; climb stairs as needed; talk or hear. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision,