The Project Manager is responsible for the proper administration, planning, scheduling and budget for assigned projects. Coordinates daily activities, resolves resource conflicts within the company, and resolves customer issues. The Senior Project Manager is a seasoned project manager position who establishes and raises the high standard for the Company’s project management model. The Senior Project Manager is a role model for the company who embraces the ownership of good leadership, and who instills a strong culture of Safety. This position requires little or no guidance and can effectively assume the responsibility for managing the entire profit & loss for single, multiple, or large and complex projects, for commercial as well as Government customers.
- Creates, maintains, and analyzes budgets, records, logs, and production schedules to ensure work is accomplished within budget and on time.
- Coordinates with craft supervision, Production Manager, Division Manager, QA, and Safety to ensure that planning requirements are established and met.
- Ensure Superintendents and project Supervision develop daily and weekly plans consistent with the overall project schedule.
- Coordinates with Supervision and subcontractors to ensure that schedule conflicts do not arise between different trades.
- Reviews and submits all condition reports to the customer, advising of cost and schedule impacts.
- Negotiates all contract changes with the customer.
- Facilitates daily production meetings with Superintendent, Supervisors, QA, and Safety to ensure that all aspects of the project are being planned and executed in a safe and productive manner.
- Allocate project resources efficiently.
- Forecast and drive towards estimates at completion, and accurately reports on project financial performance expectations.
- Serve as the primary point of contact for customer for all contractual matters.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Willingness to work a flexible schedule.
- Ability to work under close guidance.
- Ability to train effectively on methods and procedures on new assignments.
- Ability to effectively receive and provide guidance from and to others respectively.
- Ability to determine appropriate actions, methods, techniques, and evaluation criteria for expediting results with training and coaching.
- Ability to follow an organized method in approach to work while being cognizant of the time needed to provide a service or product.
- Must have Microsoft Office Software experience, and knowledge of Microsoft Project is a plus.
- Bachelor's degree in Marine Engineering, Naval Architecture, or other engineering fields preferred.
- Three to five years related marine, shipyard or industrial experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations.
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
- Strong communication skills, including oral, written and interpersonal skills to effectively communicate with subordinates, management, and customers.
- Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability, statistical inference, and fundamentals of plane and solid geometry and trigonometry.
- Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
- Ability to read and interpret blueprints.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- Must be authorized to work in the United States.
- Must be able to gain access to military installations.
- Must successfully pass a drug screen and background investigation.