Reporting to Project Managers while on assigned projects, directs and coordinates production efforts through assigned supervisory personnel and subcontractors. With the guidance of the Project Manager, helps establish aggressive production schedules and budgets, and ensures that plans, goals, and requirements are being met. Achieves goals by collaborating with team members to establish plans for successful execution of work. The Superintendent 2 is a seasoned employee who establishes and raises the standard for the Superintendent role for the Company. Given the experience and proficiency in working as a Superintendent, the scope of responsibility for this role is commensurate with that of larger, more complex projects. With progressive training, development, and experience, the Superintendent 2 can be entrusted with Project Manager responsibilities for smaller projects under the guidance of seasoned Project Managers.
- Coordinates with craft Foreman to ensure that material, tooling, information, manpower, and equipment is available to support schedule and project requirements.
- Coordinates with supervision and subcontractors to obtain optimum production, by establishing priorities and coordinating efforts between trades.
- Assists the Project Manager and collaborates with assigned project QA personnel to ensure that all required reports are submitted by trade supervisors.
- Ensures that no additional work is performed outside of what is designated in contract specifications, and effectively interprets specification ambiguities.
- Recognizes and addresses change work and helps articulate appropriate arguments for condition found reports.
- Consults with trade supervision and customers to assess technical conflicts and provides recommendations for resolution.
- Promotes a strong culture of Safety in their engagement with Production teams.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Willingness to work a flexible schedule.
- Ability to work with minimal direction.
- Ability to independently determine methods and procedures on new assignments.
- Ability to provide guidance to others.
- Ability to determine appropriate actions, methods, techniques, and evaluation criteria for expediting results by exercising independent judgment within defined practices and policies.
- Ability to follow an organized method in approach to work while being cognizant of the time needed to provide a service or product.
- Must have Microsoft Office Software experience, and knowledge of Microsoft Project is a plus.
- Bachelor's degree in Marine Engineering, Naval Architecture, or other engineering fields preferred.
- Three to five years related marine, shipyard or industrial experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations.
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
- Strong communication skills, including oral, written and interpersonal skills to effectively communicate with subordinates, management, and customers.
- Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability, statistical inference, and fundamentals of plane and solid geometry and trigonometry.
- Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
- Ability to read and interpret blueprints.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- Must be authorized to work in the United States.
- Must be able to gain access to military installations.
- Must successfully pass a drug screen and background investigation.