Position Title: Human Resources Manager
Work Location: Chesapeake, VA, In Office
FLSA Status: Full-Time, Exempt
Summary of duties –Responsible for developing, recommending, and promoting comprehensive company personnel policies and programs to include selection of resumes’, counseling, job descriptions, salary administration, and benefit plans. Administer various activities including recruiting, interviewing, testing and maintenance of centralized personnel and payroll records.
Specific description of duties –
- Must be familiar with an HR HRIS system, Bamboo preferred.
- Designs, plans, and implements human resource programs and policies for staffing, compensation, benefits, employee relations, New Employee Orientation and health and safety. Ensures human resources strategies align with organizational business goals.
- Evaluates human resources processes and strategies to determine improvements to be made and report findings to top management.
- Assist in the recruitment, screening of resumes’ and appropriately refer candidates to fill approved positions.
- Establishment of the Job Posting Procedure which enables all employees to post for any position available within the company as well as opening the position to the public in order to find qualified applicants.
- Maintenance of all paper/electronic personnel files to facilitate timely preparation of required reports and individual counseling.
- Ensure employee benefit programs are adequately explained to the staff and conduct annual open enrollment meetings. Coordinate owner annual health benefit review with third party administrator.
- Maintain updated job descriptions of all employees. Implement, administer and distribute salary administration information in accordance with SCA rate changes. Must be familiar with SCA rate change procedures and timing of processing.
- Knowledge of SCA requirements/compliance and implementation
- Complete and submit annual VETS 100 report
- Complete and submit EEO-1 annual reports for all locations. Assure all employees are categorized accurately.
- Contact and participation with 3rd party CPA firm concerning the audit of the 401 program and activity.
- Provide updated information concerning the annual BDO census.
- Assist in the coordination of training and development of Supervisors pertaining to employee counseling and disciplinary concerns. Reviewing of counseling documentation prior to administering.
- Implement and monitor required policies and procedures, such as Reasonable Accommodation, FMLA, OFCCP compliance and EEOC/Affirmative Action Plans.
- Maintain and update both CA and VA Employee handbooks, normally done annually
- Provide info annually for updating of our EEO/AA Program. Working with consultant to maintain accurate information.
- Assume responsibility of the EEOC/AA Coordinator.
- Review and assign allocation for all HR related invoices to include but not limited to Health, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance STD & LTD, Supplemental accident and critical illness, Background Checks, Legal Resources, EAP, Benefitfirst, ACA processing.
- Handle the processing of all accidents, or delegate the process to another HR representative. Serve as liaison with Workers Comp insurance company, filing of the LS202 and confirm the employee has obtained a Work Status report with correct return to work date.
- Knowledge of how Benefitfirst interacts with our benefit vendors, COBRA and payroll company to assure the information is transmitted accurate and timely.
- 401K Liaison with 401 Company, BDO (CPA firm) and Scott & Stringfellow. Schedule annual Fiduciary meeting with Trustees and advisors.
- Assure New Employee Orientation slides and forms are reviewed and updated annually. ie forms:1-9, state withholding
- Assist Managers with annual Performance Appraisals by providing spreadsheets with pertinent information in June. Enter all information into Bamboo interfacing with Payroll.
- Attend conferences and conventions to stay informed on trends in personnel administration.
- Initiative, dependability, ability to work with a minimum of direct supervision and a demonstrated desire to stay aware of and follow company policy and procedure are essential. Strong work ethic and habits are required.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal. Extra hours may be necessary to stay current with work load.
- Occasional travel outside the local area may be required
- Possession of an active State Drivers License is required
- Perform any other assignments or tasks as needed or requested by management to assist in accomplishing the organization’s mission, objectives and goals.
Education / Specialized training-
- High School diploma or GED equivalent mandatory
- Bachelor’s Degree and/or ten to fifteen years Human Resource experience. Must have strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Ability to assist in the development of individuals for utmost productivity.
Physical/Environmental Job Requirements –
Physical requirements include the following: Lifting/moving up to and including 25 pounds
Prism Maritime, LLC is a premier maritime service provider for Alteration Installation Team (AIT) and Modernization related Services in support of US Maritime and Shore-based clients. Prism Maritime is a privately held business headquartered in Chesapeake, VA, with offices in San Diego and Ventura, CA. Established in 2006, Prism Maritime currently employs over 250 professionals and maintains an ISO 9001-2015 certified Quality Management System.
Prism Maritime is an EEO/AA employer. We invite resumes from all interested parties without regard to sex/gender, gender identity/gender expression, sexual orientation, race, color, religious creed, national origin, physical or mental disability, protected Veteran status, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, age, ancestry, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws. U.S. citizenship is required for most positions.
If you need special assistance or an accommodation while seeking employment with us, please email email@example.com or call: 757-460-8800.
To Apply: Visit www.prismmaritime.com and click on Careers>Job Openings
All applications are active for 90 calendar days. After 90 days you must re-apply to still be considered for this position.