Position Title: Computer Systems Analyst
Work Location: Chesapeake, VA
FLSA Status: Full-Time, Non-Exempt
Summay of Duties - The Computer System Analyst will provide direct support to the Command, Control, Communication, Computer, Cyber and Intelligence Service Center (C5ISC) located in Portsmouth, VA. This position will support technical documentation development and updates in support of the Engineering Services Division, within the Sensors & Electronics Branch, within the Detection and Identification Section.
Specific Description of Duties
- Perform General management and installation pre-planning efforts, including program review, installation task planning and coordination, and installation material procurement (pre-fabrication, system component and assembly) market research.
- Perform data management functions using data management tools including but not limited to Microsoft Excel, and Microsoft Access.
- Extract Data from management tools to update metrics, data calls and recurring reports.
- Attend and support team meetings as required
- Maintain USCG weekly reports, monthly reports, and gather data to support any data calls pertaining to USCG Maritime EO/IR systems
- Develop, update, and edit technical documentation for system procurements, installations, removals, upgrades and engineering changes
- Responsible for developing and implementing a configuration management plan to support Special Warfare and Expeditionary Systems Department programs in accordance with the requirements of NAVSEAINST 4130.12B and guidance as set forth in EIA-649C.
- Analyze and evaluate the impact of ECPs on material, cost, schedule, and technical documentation.
- Responsible for maintaining the (CM) database by updating the established configuration baseline utilizing Government Furnished Information
- Responsible to organize and store documents in electronic file format in USCG database in support of data management for technical data packages. The Contractor shall update configuration status accounting data in a USCG database in support of as-maintained record keeping for serialized assets.
-Utilize Configuration Data Managers Database-Open Architecture in support of Configuration Management file changes made to USCG Cutter files resulting from installations, alterations, and implemented ECPs as a result of tasking supported under this contract.
- Performing bench testing, reconfigurations, and modifications to Maritime Electro-Optic and Expeditionary Sensors using Government Furnished Information and ICDs. Complete investigation of failures of systems, subsystems, equipment and components to isolate the causative defect and recommend to the Government possible corrective actions.
- Extraction of data from Government databases to update metrics, data calls, and/or reoccurring reports and submit reports to the Government as required.
- Perform any other assignments or tasks as needed or requested by management to assist in accomplishing the organization’s mission, objectives, and goals.
- Travel outside the local area and working overtime may occasionally be required.
Education / Specialized Training
• HS diploma or GED required.
• Minimum of 2 years’ experience performing duties as a Configuration Management or Logistic Analyst
- Ability to access Government facilities by vehicle
- Ability to work overtime and travel as required
- Ability to work with minimal supervision and perform duties independently
• Active clearance or ability to obtain a clearance required.
Certification / Licenses (as required for the task being performed)
• US Citizen
• Valid Driver’s License
• Certificate to support any Associates or Trade school accomplishments.
Physical/Environmental Job Requirements
• Lifting/moving up to and including 35 pounds