Continental Tide is searching for energetic and fully qualified candidates for our Quality Assurance Department in Virginia Beach, VA. The Quality Assurance (QA) Inspector should be a graduate of high school, trade, or industrial school. Candidate must be willing to travel, possess a minimum of five (5) years of experience in performing quality assurance and control inspections on ship HM&E systems for specification and engineering drawing requirement compliance. He/she should be certified NDT (Nondestructive Testing) Level II inspector by American Society for Nondestructive Testing or equivalent organization and be able to qualify as a Level III inspector within 30 days of hire.
• Minimum of two (2) years of experience with Navy QA requirements
• Practical knowledge of quality assurance programs and quality control inspection systems
• Detailed knowledge of shop procedures, processes, methods and techniques
• Background or extensive knowledge of welding practices and procedures
• Working knowledge of NAVSEA Standard Items
• Candidate must be able to walk, stand for long periods of time, sit for long periods of time, bend, stretch, reach, squat and twist
• Must be able to lift, carry and transport heavy equipment and boxes. The exact weight requirements will be determined by the specific job, but no less than 30 lbs.
• Able to work on and climb ladders, work in extreme temperature environments, aboard ships, in shipyards, under industrial conditions and in confined spaces.
• Able to perform other duties as required which may involve high heat, humidity, noise and dirty conditions, working aloft or over the sides of vessels.
• May ride ships at sea for extended periods.
• May require wearing a respirator.
• Travel may be required within and outside of the continental United States.
Continental Tide offers an empowering professional environment in a culture that stresses teamwork, shared responsibility for company and client success, and personal growth. We offer competitive wages in salaried and hourly positions, educational opportunities, competitive employee benefit options, and 401K plan with company match.
Continental Tide is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Veteran/Disability. The company participates in E-Verify and Disability and U.S. citizenship is required for most positions.
Visit www.continentaltide.com to apply.