Continental Tide is searching for an experienced and motivated Planner / Estimator to join our Virginia Beach office. The successful candidate will play an important role assisting the Quality Assurance, Finance and Technology Deployment Departments. Planner & Estimator shall be a graduate of high school, trade or industrial school and have a minimum of five (5) years of experience with preparing cost estimates and development of Quality Assurance workbooks IAW 9090-310 series and NAVSEA STD items for alteration and repairs to ship HM&E or electronic systems.
Target experience includes repair definition, production procedures, planning procedures, material requirements, adherence to technical instructions/directives and other similar experience in preparing contract specifications (bid specification). Active security clearance, ability to read and interpret prints, perform shipchecks/inspections, and a willingness to travel are a must. Strong communication skills and proficiency with Microsoft Office suite (windows, excel, outlook) is a plus.
● Candidates must possess an high school, trade or industrial school degree
● Knowledge of preparing cost estimates, Quality Assurance workbooks IAW 9090-310 series, and NAVSEA STD items
● Ability to secure a RAPIDGate Security Credential
● Candidate must be able to walk, stand for long periods of time, sit, bend, stretch, reach, squat and twist
● Must be able to lift, carry and transport heavy equipment and boxes. The exact weight requirements will be determined by the specific job, but no less than 30 lbs.
● Travel may be required within and outside of the continental United States.
Continental Tide offers an empowering professional environment in a culture that stresses teamwork, shared responsibility for company and client success, and personal growth. We offer competitive wages in salaried and hourly positions, educational opportunities, competitive employee benefit options, and 401K plan with company match. Interested candidates should email their resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org or call 484-577-4070.
*Continental Tide is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Veteran/Disability. The company participates in E-Verify and U.S. citizenship is required for most positions.