The 12th Annual Ship Repair Virtual LEGO Competition has officially launched! The purpose of the competition is to promote the ship repair industry while increasing competitive mathematical, analytical and conceptual skills in middle school aged students.
We need volunteers to serve as technical advisors, judges and sponsors. This is a great opportunity to give back to the community and represent your company!
Contact Sallena Nikitas to get involved: (757) 233-7034 or SNikitas@VirginiaShipRepair.org.
Technical Advisors responsibilities include:
- Contact the Team Leader (teacher)
- Attend the Team Event Kick-off
- Follow up on team progress by e-mail/phone two to three times throughout the competition preparation
- Watch the students practice their presentations and offer feedback
- Attend the Competition on March 7, 2018 at Mariner's Museum
Judges' responsibilities include:
- Attend the Judges' Orientation to review the scoring process
- Attend the Competition on March 7, 2018 to judge performances according to the scoring sheet
- Offer advice/feedback for team improvement
« Return to Newsletter