The 16th Annual Ship Repair Digital LEGO Competition has officially launched! The purpose of the competition is to promote the ship repair industry while increasing competitive mathematical, analytical and conceptual skills in middle school aged students.
We need volunteers to serve as technical advisors and judges. This is a great opportunity to give back to the community and represent your company, sponsorships opportunities are also available!
Technical Advisors needed for the following schools:
- Ella Fitzgerald Middle School, Newport News
- Hunter B. Andrews Middle School, Hampton
- Page Middle School, Gloucester
- Vernon Johns Middle School, Petersburg (can help virtually)
Contact Sallena Nikitas to get involved: (757) 233-7034 or SNikitas@VirginiaShipRepair.org.
Technical Advisors' responsibilities include:
- Contact the Team Leader (teacher)
- Attend the Team Event Kick-off
- Follow up on team progress by e-mail/phone two to three times throughout the competition preparation
- Watch the students practice their presentations and offer feedback
- Attend the Competition
Judges' responsibilities include:
- Attend the Judges' Orientation to review the scoring process
- Attend the Competition to judge performances according to the scoring sheet
- Offer advice/feedback for team improvement
« Return to Newsletter