This event can be attended either in person or virtually. You will be asked to select your attendance type during registration. In-person seating is limited and will be filled on a first come, first served basis, so RSVP today!
Click here to view the Seminar Series flyer
SMALL BUSINESS UPDATE PANEL: LEVERAGING SMALL BUSINESS SIZE AND STATUS FOR SUCCESS UNDER THE SBA'S CURRENT REGULATIONS
Join the Contracts Committee and other VSRA members to hear a diverse panel of experts give an overview and any recent developments on SBA government contracting programs. This will include the following topics:
- Industry perspective on pros and cons of small business and socioeconomic-based contracting (in particular, participation in the 8(a) Program)
- Utilizing strategic partnerships to win contracts through use of the SBA’s Mentor Protégé Program, Joint Venturing, and Teaming—current regulatory requirements and practical considerations
- Industry perspective on growing a business in the ship repair industry
- Planning with a long term goal—making choices that enhance and build value for your business
- Complications and risks that arise in transactions because of participation in small business programs
Robert E. Korroch, Government Contracts Attorney and Partner, Williams Mullen
Brad Reaves, Government Contracts Attorney and Partner, ReavesColey PLLC
Paul Hawkins, Government Contracts Attorney, ReavesColey PLLC
Donald G. Mills, President and General Manager, Mills Marine & Ship Repair LLC (current 8(a) and SBA All-Small Mentor-Protégé Program participant)
Interested in sponsoring the Contracts Seminar Series? Click Here!
Questions? Please contact Daniel Keats at DKeats@VirginiaShipRepair.org or by calling (757) 233-7034.
The event slides can be found here.
This event is only available to VSRA Members. If you have a VSRA Member user account, please