NDT II Job Description
NSC Technologies has an exciting opportunity for an NDT II for a great organization. This is a contract opportunity that includes competitive salary and great benefits. The NDT II is to provide Quality Assurance support for maintenance actions on-board naval ships in compliance with NAVSEA Standard Items and all other contract requirements. The ideal candidate will have previous project management and supervisory experience as well.
Work Location: Norfolk, VA.
NDT Job Requirements
• Ensure all maintenance, planning, reporting and other activities comply with NAVSEA Standard Items 009-04 and all other contractual requirements. Specific responsibilities include:
• Utilize work specifications, develop and maintain test and inspection plans (TIP). The TIP will include all checkpoints/callouts within the work spec and any applicable checkpoints/callouts in referenced Standard Items. Revise and update the TIP throughout the availability to include any added, revised or canceled work items, etc.
• Maintain objective quality evidence.
• Certify the completion of maintenance tasks and report status of all efforts.
• Assist in condition found report (CFR), fully describe the customer requirements including the quality (i.e. system, processes, test and technical documentation).
• Conduct random, frequent spot checks of subcontractors and employee performance of tasks to ensure compliance with quality, safety and environmental protection requirements.
• Conduct in-process inspections and surveillances of ship’s work progress/welding, prepare, review and maintain NDT records and welding PCPs, conduct nondestructive testing as required, and provide repair recommendations of welds: Facilities Maintenance, Corrective Maintenance, Navy PMS requirements and PCP’s. Maintain ship project records and prepare reports as required.
• Specialize in the performance of or project representative over operations established to certify critical elements of structural, mechanical, and electrical Shipyard operations and inspections supporting the quality and reliability of products in accordance with local and NAVSEA requirements.
• Coordinate individual projects considering quality requirements and production schedules, and accomplish these tasks, or direct the efforts of assigned individuals which may include subordinate Quality Assurance Specialists and inspectors.
• Functions as a Quality Assurance Office project representative on local ship project teams and as the designated Shipyard Quality Representative at off-yard sites.
Requirements of the QA Inspector - NDT II (Navy Ship Repair):
• Must be eligible to obtain and maintain a credential
• Structural welding, and / or NDT experience, blueprint reading.
• Shipboard inspection experience and Navy background, ISO knowledge, and computer skills in Word, Excel and Access. -Minimum 6 years of experience and/or combination of education and experience (Navy/Marine Engineering related).
FOR IMMEDIATE CONSIDERATION, CONTACT A RECRUITER firstname.lastname@example.org
At NSC Technologies, LLC our company culture is strong! You work hard for us and in return we want to provide you with as many benefits and resources as we can:
• Competitive pay
• Medical Coverage
• Long Term Opportunities
• Direct deposit or Global Cash Card
• Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
• Training and Career Growth Opportunities
• The chance to be a part of an amazing team
NSC Technologies is committed to connecting good people with good jobs!
NSC is an innovative staffing firm that specializes in placing qualified skilled, technical and professional talent in virtually any market. Our meticulous dedication to Quality and Safety is a testament to our success. We are The Staffing Experts!
NSC Technologies is a drug free company. NSC is an EOE AA/M/F/VHo/D.
Category: Non Destructive Technician
NOTE: The following description is a GENERAL Overview of this career and not a description of a particular job posting.
The main function of a Non-Destructive Testing Technician is to test the safety of structures, vehicles, or vessels using x-ray, ultrasound, fiber optic or related equipment. An NDT would use visual, penetrant, magnetic particle, ultrasonic, x-ray, eddy current testing, or other non-destructive methods to inspect a structure or part (for instance, a sample weld) to ensure it meets specific standards or specifications. These tests are performed without damaging the structure or part, and are done to ensure that the tested area contains no defects that would prevent the sample weld, structure or part from performing as expected or failing outright.
Tools used to perform these tests include oscilloscopes, radiation detectors, remote reading thermometers, voltage meters, and x-ray or radiography equipment. A career in Non-Destructive Testing would require knowledge of the practical application of engineering, science, and technology, and may require previous experience with analytical, scientific, and computer aided design software.
Most Non-Destructive Technician careers require a high school diploma, as well as training in vocational schools, related on-the-job experience, and/or an associate's degree.
Non-Destructive Testing careers typically require the ability to:
- Obtain (and/or re-certify) a visual, penetrant, and magnetic particle testing certification
- Obtain security clearance and military contractor badge
- Pass a drug test
- Be reliable and punctual
Previous experience, particularly with necessary career-related tools and software, is often required.