Job Title: Program Manager
Location: Virginia Beach, VA
Job type: Full Time
General Description / Language to Use for Job Postings:
The Program Manager is responsible for overall contract performance. The Program Manager shall ensure compliance with all contract requirements, is responsible to ensure all contractor personnel are competent, trained and certified and that adequate resources have been allocated to specific tasks. The Program Manager organizes, directs and coordinates the planning and execution of all tasks and allocates and reassigns resources as may be necessary to ensure they are properly accomplished within the established schedules.
Reports to: Director of Operations
• Accountable for overall contract performance of assigned tasks.
• Ensures compliance with all contract, Federal Acquisition Regulations, and NAVSEA Standard Item requirements.
• Responsible to ensure all company and subcontractor personnel are competent, trained and certified, and that adequate resources have been allocated to specific tasks.
• Organizes, directs and coordinates the planning and execution of all tasks and allocates resources as necessary to ensure they are properly accomplished within the established schedules.
• Responsible for enforcement of company and client project standards, minimization of company exposure and risk on project tasks, and identification of deficiencies in internal processes and recommend solutions.
• Ensures the accuracy and timeliness of required reports and other contract data.
• Writes and conducts effective employee performance and counseling reviews, mentors those with less experience, and helps subordinates execute career development plans.
• Strengthens company and client relationships by communicating effectively with clients to identify needs and evaluate potential solutions.
Minimum Educational Qualifications:
• Bachelors of Science degree in Engineering preferred.
• Minimum of 6 years’ managerial or supervisory experience with engineering projects involving the operation, maintenance, repair, testing, modification, upgrading, installation and alteration of Naval vessel and small craft systems.
• Minimum of 2 years’ direct experience with Marine or Shipboard experience (habitability preferred),
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Minimum Previous Experience:
• NSWC experience (military, civilian, or contractor) preferred.
• Government Contracts and Federal Acquisition Regulations (FAR) experience.
• Microsoft Office Professional and Deltek/Costpoint computer software experience.
• Must be able to obtain a SECRET clearance
Minimum Additional Training:
• Program Management Professional (PMP) preferred
Must be a US citizen