Summary of duties – The Employee Development & Learning Manager to work out of their Chesapeake, VA office. The Employee Development & Learning Manager will work closely with executive and department leadership to oversee and expand the Employee Development function at Prism Maritime. This includes designing, planning, and implementing corporate training programs, curriculum, policies, and procedures. The professional will also research new training techniques and suggest enhancements to existing training programs to meet the changing needs of the organization, contract with vendors for employee participation in outside training programs, and ensures that training materials and aids are kept up to date and will regularly evaluate effectiveness. The Manager of Employee Development and Learning must be passionate about the development and wellbeing of our employees and will lead a team responsible for: training and development, external professional development, employee recognition, executive education, and performance management.
Specific description of duties
• Collaborates with executive and department leadership teams to identify current learning needs and opportunities.
• Aligns Employee Development function to company vision, mission, values, and operational goals.
• Leads work team for development of Prism Maritime Academy (corporate learning academy to include technical, soft skill, and management training).
• Executes and monitors processes for implementing and evaluating employee development programs.
• May work closely with Human Resources team on variety of projects including: annual company/compliance training, alignment of L&D initiatives to professional knowledge/skills/abilities (KSA’s) needing development, and assisting with special programs and events.
• Links individual training programs with Key Performance Indicators (KPI’s) and evaluates effectiveness.
• Oversees the development of employee retention programs.
• Responsible for the implementation and Learning Management System (LMS) and manages employee learning paths, resources, training compliance and attendee records.
• Serves as liaison between HR Information System (BambooHR) and LMS, and manages associated reporting and accuracy of data.
• Builds a collaborative relationship with senior leaders and site supervisors to ensure that the training needs of the company are being met.
• Oversees team of employee development professionals, independent contractors, and/or interns to assist in meeting specific training objectives for the organization.
• Remains informed of trends in the training and development field and the maritime industry; attends professional development programs.
• Perform any other assignments or tasks as needed or requested by management to assist in accomplishing the organization’s mission, objectives and goals.
Additional Skills and Duties
• Ability to work in a collaborative project environment with cross-functional teams.
• Knowledge of Instructional Design and training/courseware development.
• Experience innovating processes by incorporating technology advancements and other industry best practices.
• Experience facilitating in a soft skills and technical environment preferred.
• Skilled in the use of computer hardware, software, audio/visual equipment and other general office equipment.
• Must be able to organize and inspire others to reach goals and objectives through the training process.
• Ability to understand and communicate concepts quickly and accurately.
• Strong writing, editing and proofreading skills. High attention to detail.
• Exceptional organizational skills required.
• Experience with Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, and Adobe is required.
• Experience with BambooHR HRIS and Learning Management System preferred.
• Demonstrated analytical and problem-solving skills.
• Ability to work independently as well within a team environment.
• Ability to manage multiple projects at the same time, while meeting regular deadlines.
• Demonstrated ability to change direction and reprioritize tasks.
• Exceptional communication and presentation skills including involvement with executive level communications.
• Represents the company in a professional manner both internally and externally.
• Bachelors degree in Business, Industrial/Organizational Psychology, Management, Education, Learning & Development, or similar field required; Masters degree helpful.
• Minimum three (3) years’ experience in similar position, with focus in adult/corporate education.
• Five (5) years’ experience in government contracting, maritime, or similar industry required.
• Certification in Project Management, or Learning and Development preferred ( PMP, ATD, etc.).
• Clearance up to secret level may be required.
Physical/Environmental Job Requirements
• Physical requirements may include the following: May require lifting up to 25 pounds.
Prism Maritime, LLC is a premier maritime service provider for Alteration Installation Team (AIT) and Modernization related Services in support of US Maritime and Shore-based clients. Prism Maritime is a privately held business headquartered in Chesapeake, VA, with offices in San Diego and Ventura, CA. Established in 2006, Prism Maritime currently employs over 250 professionals and maintains an ISO 9001-2015 certified Quality Management System.
Prism Maritime is an EEO/AA employer. We invite resumes from all interested parties without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, genetic information, marital or veteran status, disability, or any other category protected by federal, state, or local law. U.S. citizenship is required for most positions.
If you need special assistance or an accommodation while seeking employment with us, please email email@example.com or call: 757-460-8800.
To Apply: Visit www.prismmaritime.com and click on Careers>Job Openings
All applications are active for 90 calendar days. After 90 days you must re-apply to still be considered for this position.