Buyer I/II/SR: Entry level to experienced buyer (procurement specialist) positions available. Responsible for pricing, negotiating, ordering, and tracking all materials, consumables, and rentals required by the production team for assigned government & commercial contracts. Responsible for generating purchase orders, processing requisitions, maintaining related records, and following all government and company regulations. Duties include requesting a quote and availability, negotiating to meet or beat bid stage pricing, and finalizing order negotiations to meet deadlines for all commodities. Some research of drawings and vendors required. Responsible for expediting orders, researching and resolving invoice discrepancies, and communicating with other departments to ensure deadlines are met and issues are resolved in a timely manner.
Experience with navy stock system, FAR regulations, DFARs, Buy American Act, and procurement procedures preferred. High school diploma or GED required. Great benefit package.
Full time position Monday-Friday7am to 3:45pm with occasional OT as required by work load.
All positions require you to pass a drug screen and background check. East Coast Repair is an equal opportunity employer.
- Reviews reports, requisitions, and purchase orders for accuracy and conformance to company policy and procedures; ensuring the correct division and location is noted for delivery and charge of materials.
- Prepares and sends RFQs to appropriate vendors for price and availability making sure all pertinent information is noted on the RFQ, including: specifications, detailed descriptions, drawing numbers noted on the requisitions, and delivery time required.
- Obtains and uploads competitive quotes from vendors; and uploads all accompanying documents to the associated requisitions.
- Reviews and negotiates the pricing and delivery with vendors to meet required deadlines and budget pricing for the contracted job.
- Prepares purchase orders, ensuring vendors are on the company’s established approved vendor list, and all pricing & delivery terms are included in the appropriate fields.
- Sources, negotiates, and tracks all rental equipment required for contracted jobs.
- Expedites purchase orders weekly. Follows up on back orders or long lead time material orders to ensure promised dates are obtainable. Notifies Purchasing Manager and associated departments of any delivery issues and changes in the expected delivery date.
- Maintains accurate vendor and department files including uploading, scanning, and filing as required.
- Utilizes different vendor sources to fill orders as directed and seeks out alternate vendors or supplies to be prepared in the case of material shortages and stock outages.
- Gains knowledge about the products being purchased and the different vendor sources to become well-informed about product questions.
- Assists in the Return to Vendor process ensuring materials are returned for maximum credit or replacement material is received in a timely manner.
- Completes purchase order revisions and change orders as changes are made and distributes to respective departments.
- Issues pick up tickets for materials/consumables/tools/services in a timely manner and coordinates with the correct supervisors and managers for processing.
- Provides production with updated information and reports as requested.
- Maintains extensive knowledge of accounting and requisition systems to be able to locate all job pertinent information & reports.
- Gains knowledge and understanding of DRFARs, FARs, ISO, and Navy stock system procurement and applicable regulations.
- Gains knowledge and understanding of Government Furnished Material (GFM) policies and procedures.
- Assists other buyers with training and information for vendor sourcing as delegated by Purchasing Manager.
- Maintains understanding of overall procedures and policies for purchasing functions and how it relates to all departments.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or GED required. Bachelor or associate degree preferred.
- Minimum three years of related experience.
- Ability to work cooperatively as a member of the purchasing department team.
- Well organized and able to carry out assignments with moderate supervision.
- Strong written, oral communication and people skills.
- Proficient in MS Office and intermediate Excel skills.
- Ability to multitask efficiently and return to where you left off if interrupted with ease.
- Strong data entry & typing skills.
Full benefits available to include:
Please apply now.