East Coast Repair and Fabrication
5803 Curlew Drive
Norfolk, VA 23502
Coordinate, develop, compile, and submit detailed information required to provide complete and comprehensive estimates of all labor, material, and subcontractor costs associated with assigned projects.
The job function regularly exercises discretion and judgment in a matter that is significant to the organization’s likelihood of success in securing contracts.
- Accomplish ship/site checks of US Navy Combatant and Non-Combatant Vessels and Crafts and Commercial Marine Vessels to evaluate and document existing conditions relative to anticipated work identified within the specifications or scope of work. Identifying ship systems, interferences, work requirements, processes and materials.
- Determine trade specific labor hour estimates of work required to meet the requirements of the bid specifications.
- Read and interpret bid specifications to identify the scope of work.
- Read and interpret references to include, blueprints, Liaison Action Requests, Technical Manuals, military and commercial material specifications, and standards of construction, to identify materials required to accomplish the intent of the contract specifications.
- Solicit, review, and analyze Subcontractor and Vendor quotes to assure quoted price, scope and terms comply with schedule and specifications.
- Uses history to establish and document standard costs, and develops costs for new work where standards and history do not exist.
- Identify discrepancies with specifications and references and generate a clear and concise technical question to clarify contract specifications using Microsoft Word.
- Work to the timeline established by the customer.
- Assist with Job Turnover meetings with Production upon successful award of contract.
- Work within the Quality Management System criteria.
- High School Diploma or general education degree (GED). Additional training such as Trade School or Apprenticeship Graduate preferred.
- 3 or more years related experience in field; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Familiar with US Navy Combatant and Non-Combatant Vessels and Crafts.
- Must possess a courteous, and professional demeanor
- Must be detail oriented, with excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Must be familiar with the arrangement of US Navy vessels, system identification, marine equipment, and to a lesser extent, the operation of marine systems.
- Must be familiar with and know how to read and interpret specifications, be able to read and interpret references to include, blueprints, Liaison Action Requests, Technical Manuals, military and commercial material specifications and standards of construction.
- Must be able to use Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, Internet Explorer, or other internet search software.
- Must be able to gain access to military installations.
- Must pass drug screen and background investigation.
Full benefits available to include: Medical/Dental/Life/STD/LTD/PTO
Please apply now.