The Operations Planning Specialist reports to the Operations Planning Manager VA and provides integral assistance in the proper planning, scheduling, engineering, and project data management for Virginia ship repair projects. The role provides support for the Production and Project Management Team in the execution of ship repair projects.
The Operations Planning Specialist is familiar with project management principles and supports a culture of accountability and consistent project management practices. The role is responsible for supporting the Project Planning process to include scheduling and resource management. In project execution the Operations Planning Specialist is responsible for maintaining the Event Readiness List, Work Certification documents as well as Lessons Learned repositories.
The role fosters effective working relationships with Production and Project Management personnel and ensures prompt resolution of issues and corrective actions.
The Operations Planning Specialist works closely with ECR’s support departments in the areas of Production Support, QA, and Safety to ensure adequacy and quality of required project support. The Operations Planning Specialist is an integral member of the Project Team who supports a strong culture of organizational discipline in the planning and execution of projects.
Develops Detailed Resource Loaded MS Project Schedules
Conducts detailed analysis of Critical Path activities and provides recommendations to the Project Team.
Develops comprehensive data packages in support of Navy Standard Items.
Coordinates the development and submission PCPs.
Maintains and Tracks the WAF Log / Database.
Develops and maintains a Project Event Readiness List.
Ensures the Work Certification Process is properly executed.
Develops Risk Inventories and assessments from previous Lessons Learned.
Conducts Earned Value Analysis and provides cost and schedule projections to senior management as well as the Project Team.
Performs other duties as assigned.
1. Must have Microsoft Office Software experience, including Microsoft Project and Excel.
2. Strong communication skills, including oral, written and interpersonal skills to effectively communicate with subordinates, management, and customers.
3. Willingness to work a flexible schedule.
4. Ability to train effectively on methods and procedures on new assignments.
5. Ability to effectively receive and provide guidance from and to others respectively.
6. Ability to follow an organized method in approach to work while being cognizant of the time needed to provide a service or product.
7. Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations.
8. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals.
9. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers.
10. Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
11. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
12. Three to five years related marine, shipyard or industrial experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
13. Must be authorized to work in the United States.
14. Must be able to gain access to military installations.
15. Must successfully pass a drug screen and background investigation.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Must be able to tour all vessels, piers, docks, and work sites to perform the duties of this job. The employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; talk or hear; climb or balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision depth perception and ability to adjust focus. (Ability to view computer monitors without eye strain for extended periods of time).
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions; high, precarious places; and outside weather conditions. Hearing protection will be required in many work areas.
Must comply with the Companies safety, environmental, and OSHA standards.
Full benefits available to include: Medical/Dental/Life/STD/LTD/PTO
Please apply now.