The Human Resources Manager is responsible for working in partnership with NASSCO’s Center of Excellence to manage the delivery of various HR services and supervise assigned staff. This position collaborates with all NASSCO locations to develop, recommend and implement new and revised programs, policies and procedures to align with Company goals. This will include Talent Acquisition, HR communications, HRIS, organizational development, employee engagement and benefits. The Human Resources Manager will conduct reporting of HR information, trends, forecasting and external benchmark, and facilitates activities to ensure HR compliance with internal policies, guidelines, and government regulations.
This is a supervisory position, responsible for the leadership, supervision and development of assigned staff, and the maintenance of strong working relationships with all departments, outside agencies, vendors and customers.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND DUTIES
• Collaborates closely with NASSCO’s Center of Excellence in the development, implementation and administration of employee benefits, engagement, talent acquisition, HRIS, compensation, communications and organizational development programs and activities;
• Supervises assigned staff; practices self-leadership and promotes learning and development in others; communicates information and provides input to drive projects forward; influences and mentors HR team members; adapts to competing demands and new responsibilities;
• Applies expertise in assigned areas of responsibility to coordinate and execute projects and activities; solves complex problems; proactively recognizes and acts on improvement opportunities;
• Plans, manages and develops strategies for the recruitment, onboarding, orientation and retention of employee and resource labor workers;
• Interfaces with all levels of management to develop recruiting plans and manning requirements, including the development of resource labor recruitment to meet manning needs;
• Monitors the effectiveness of existing HR practices and programs, and recommends changes that are cost-effective and consistent with trends and Company objectives;
• Maintains focus on supporting a high-performing culture and competitive employer position;
• Compiles, writes, revises, edits and delivers a wide range of HR communications materials;
• Creates letters, electronic communications, flyers, presentations, templates, guides, training materials and other communication tools in support of HR programs, activities, goals and initiatives;
• Conducts analysis of benefits information in support of Collective Bargaining Agreement negotiations, and serves as the primary point of contact for the coordination and execution of new hire and Annual Benefits Enrollment activities;
• Participate in audits and testing of benefits plans to ensure compliance with all applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations;
• Advises management and drives the development and implementation of succession planning and organizational development efforts and initiatives.
• Leads the creation, review and revision of annual succession plans and individual development plans for identified or prospective leadership successors.
• Regular, reliable attendance onsite is an essential function of this job
• Other duties as assigned.