Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
This position is responsible for the following: Other duties may be assigned.
1. Receive original work scope, work items, specifications, and drawings to develop original bid.
2. Revise original bids by incorporating bid and drawing revisions.
3. Issue final original bid to Project Manager Team for review.
4. Develop M/H budgets for Production.
5. Review changes to original work scope. Add details to schedule.
6. Review M/H and cost performance of completed project and update current bidding standards. Analyze blueprints and other documentation to prepare time, cost, materials, and labor estimates.
7. Assess cost effectiveness of products, projects, or services, tracking actual costs relative to bids as the project develops.
8. Conduct special studies to develop and establish standard hour and related cost data or to effect cost reduction.
9. Confer with engineers, project managers, owners, contractors and subcontractors on changes and adjustments to cost estimates.
10. Consult with clients, vendors, personnel in other departments or production foremen to discuss and formulate estimates and resolve issues.
11. Prepare cost and expenditure statements and other necessary documentation at regular intervals for the duration of the project.
12. Prepare estimates for use in selecting vendors or subcontractors.
13. Prepare estimates used by management for purposes such as planning, organizing, and scheduling work.
14. Review material and labor requirements to decide whether it is more cost-effective to produce or purchase components.
Required Education & Experience:
1. High school graduate or G.E.D. Bachelor’s Degree in related area preferred.
2. Five year estimating experience.
3. Three years industry experience in the area of Ship Repair Programs.
1. Regular exposure to all weather conditions, especially hot, humid and / or rainy weather, combined with regular work time indoors in environmentally controlled conditions.
Necessary Equipment Operation:
1. Computer applications - Excel, Primavera, Project, and Word.
1. Must communicate, organize, and coordinate effectively.
2. Ability to cope with pressure, deadlines, and schedules.
3. Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
4. High performance and a strong team player.
5. Commitment to company values.
The statements herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as a comprehensive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of assigned personnel.