Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
This position is responsible for the following: Other duties may be assigned.
1. Consideration of Gulf Copper departments and resources to meet project / contract requirements.
2. Approve purchases / expenditures related to projects / contracts.
3. Meet margin goals for projects.
4. Monitor expenditures against revenue for projects / contracts.
5. Develop and monitor project schedules.
6. Monitor customer satisfaction during and after project.
7. Creates project work plans with input from Production Department and revises as required.
8. Identifies resources needed and enlists or assigns responsibilities to other team members.
9. Develop and disperse project budgets to Production Department and to Project Accounting group.
10. Holds and directs a pre-job meeting with project staff (Production and Accounting) to ensure understanding of scope and requirements for day-to-day management of projects.
11. Manages day-to-day operations of the project through production meetings or regular meetings dictated by customer.
12. Investigate deviances in man/hour projections and revenue projections to determine cause (change in scope, poor performance, other) to minimize exposure or recognize source of additional revenue.
13. Perform an overall job analysis with Production and Estimating Departments to review performance and establish standards for future work.
14. Follow up with customer on satisfaction with project.
Required Education & Experience:
1. Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Project Management Professional or commensurate experience preferred.
2. Five to seven years Ship repair/fabrication experience preferred.
1. Open-air conditions such as noisy, hot, cold, as well as in an office controlled environment.
2. Some climbing (100 feet) and lifting (50 lbs.) may be involved.
3. May have to visit projects aboard ships, rigs both on and offshore as well as confined spaces. Must wear hearing, eye, head protection and proper PPE when required.
4. Visits may require standing on a variety of surfaces and at differing angles, bending over, crouching and climbing up and over obstructions such as scaffolding, ladders, and internal barge and boat structural members.
Necessary Equipment Operation:
5. Computer skills: MS Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, Power Point, etc.)
6. Office equipment, including telephone, fax machine, scanner, computer, printer, etc.
1. Ability to understand and administer ABS Classification guidelines, USCG and SOLAS Requirements.
2. Must have demonstrated ability to motivate employees and build a solid functioning team.
3. Ability to think ahead and plan over a 1-2 year time span.
4. Ability to organize and manage multiple priorities.
5. Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
6. High performance and a strong team player.
7. Ability to work under deadlines and schedule pressures.
8. Commitment to company values, policies and procedures and safety program.
The statements herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as a comprehensive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of assigned personnel.