Crofton offers industry leading solutions above and below the waterline, combining comprehensive expertise in all facets of commercial diving, marine construction and crane rental & rigging. We execute all of our projects with safety and integrity. Crofton is a growing company with a highly collaborative and dynamic work environment and with team members who work vigorously to meet our customer’s needs. No two days are the same! Crofton is seeking a Heavy Equipment Operator to join our team.
The ideal Heavy Equipment Operator will be an individual that possesses experience in all types of excavation, grading, backfill, and E&S in both an upland and shoreline environment. Must have demonstrated proficiency with earthmoving heavy equipment and operation, layout, and blueprint reading.
- Operate heavy earthmoving equipment such as excavator, dozers, backhoes, roller, etc.
- Operate equipment in difficult terrain, both upland and in marine environments.
- Pre-inspection of equipment and fill out equipment logs.
- Conduct operations in a manner to ensure that health and safety standards are met.
- Load and move dirt and materials using heavy equipment.
- Follow all applicable safety regulations and follow all company policies and procedures for safe working procedures and environment.
- Report any issues to Foreman, Superintendent, or Project Manager.
- Understand and follow verbal and written instructions.
- Performs other related duties as required and assigned.
- Ability to obtain badging at all federal bases, private shipyards, and Huntington Ingalls.
- Ability to operate a motor vehicle and all earthmoving heavy equipment.
- Use of simple surveying/measuring equipment to perform layout a plus.
Education and Experience:
- OSHA 10 or 30
- 2 Years of Experience or more.
Able to lift 50lbs. pounds at a time
Ascending or descending ladders, stairs, scaffolding, ramps, poles and the like.
Exposure to characteristic Construction and marine site dangers
Moving about to accomplish tasks or moving from one worksite to another.
Adjusting or moving objects up to 50 Lbs. pounds in all directions.
Repeating motions that may include the wrists, hands and/or fingers.
Operating machinery and/or power tools.
Operating motor vehicles or heavy equipment.
Work in extreme weather conditions
Ability to see and respond to dangerous situations
Color correct vision required
Ability to respond quickly to sounds
Able to traverse all areas of the jobsite in all types of weather; this may require walking, climbing, reaching, bending, crawling, or stretching.